NGSPICE Models

Help
ankush
2012-12-21
2013-06-12
  • ankush

ankush - 2012-12-21

Hello all

I have a query. I want to write my model equations and want to include them in NGSPICE like we have already inbuilt BSIM models. What i have been able to find out that there are code models to define new models. But what I can understand from that in code models we can only define functionality and can't write model equations.
    Is it possible anyway to write our equations and include them in NGSPCE circuit simulations.

• marcel hendrix

marcel hendrix - 2012-12-21

> Is it possible anyway to write our equations and include
    > them in NGSPCE circuit simulations.

Code models allow anything you'd want to do computationally, even including calling other programs or dlls from within the inner SPICE solvers. What you can *not* do, is change the SPICE syntax in order to call these models.

Maybe I don't understand the question. Please give a very small example of what want to do or of what you think is presently impossible.

-marcel

• ankush

ankush - 2012-12-21

thanks marcel and Holger
    Ok let me explain it a bit  more detailed way.
    Spice simulators use models developed by BSIM. Lets consider Id expression in linear mode.
    Id=k(Vgs-Vth)Vds. So whenever we simulate a circuit in linear mode, this expression is used to calculate the expression.
    Similarly I want to include model equations for my work, so that they can be used like standard BSIM expression.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks