A few typos, small fixes for ngspice manual?

2012-10-26
2013-06-12
  • Keith Ostertag

Keith Ostertag - 2012-10-26

Hi Holger- I have gone through the first half of the ngspice manual making notes, and I thought I might as well make notes of what look like typos that you might want to correct. Hope this is helpful:

Page 28 Preface to the actual edition 3rd sentence- "Thy lyx texyt processors has allowed", probably you want "The lyx…"

page 40- 1st sentence under 1.3 Analysis at Different Temperatures- ", rather an analysis option." should be ", rather than an analysis option."

page 135 3rd sentence under 12.1 - "Section of this document goes into…" should be "This section goes into…"?

pgae 285 17.5 says "help all" gives summaries of commands, but gives help for "AC Small Signal Analysis" .

page 287 17.5.33 2nd sentence: "How compute the fft…" should be "How to compute the fft…"

page 288 17.5.37 when using mdump command I get "no such command available in ngspice"

Keith Ostertag

• Holger Vogt

Holger Vogt - 2012-10-27

Keith,

pgae 285 17.5 says "help all" gives summaries of commands, but gives help for "AC Small Signal Analysis" .

This is probably a bug in the source code, concerning LINUX, but not MS Windows (my operating system), so it may take some time to fix.

page 288 17.5.37 when using mdump command I get "no such command available in ngspice"
    You will need the actual code from the git repository to use this command.

The other comments are fixed in the manual.

Holger

• Holger Vogt

Holger Vogt - 2012-10-27

Keith,

it is in fact better to remove the hint top 'help all' in the manual, which is available only in an internal 'old' help system, but because the internal 'new' help system is also outdated for ngspice, it does not make sence to modify the source code.

Holger

• Keith Ostertag

Keith Ostertag - 2012-10-27

OK, I agree.

IMHO it  is generally very helpful to have some kind of (terse) command  summary conveniently integrated into programs (i.e. not relying solely on the man pages).

thanks,
    Keith

• Keith Ostertag

Keith Ostertag - 2012-10-28

One more typo in manual:

page 292, 17.5.46 REMCIRC says:

"The new actual circuit will the circuit on top…"

Should say: ""The new actual circuit will be the circuit on top…"