nfc 1.1.0 nearly finished

2004-04-23
2004-09-16
  • Sebastian Eichner

Hi all,

i think nfc 1.1.0 is ready for release now. I have made three minimal changes to rc1 which i will post here for your information. These are no code-changes, just documentation. I also added a short description for ajdigital's flash client to the doc-directory.

Wrong description of the kick-command in the help:
    diff -r nfc-1.1.0-rc1/conf/commands.properties nfc-1.1.0/conf/commands.properties
    145c145
    < kick.usage  = /kick [<room>] <user>
    ---
    > kick.usage  = /kick  <user> [<room>]

An additional hint for people whose server keeps loosing the mysql-connection:
    diff -r nfc-1.1.0-rc1/contrib/jdbc.conf nfc-1.1.0/contrib/jdbc.conf
    12a13
    > # try appending "?autoReconnect=true" to the mysql-jdbc-url if your mysql-connection breaks down regularly

And a small addition to make sure the servlet is reachable in tomcat:
    diff -r nfc-1.1.0-rc1/web/WEB-INF/web.xml nfc-1.1.0/web/WEB-INF/web.xml
    28a29,34
    >    <!-- Bind the servlet to the url /tunnel -->
    >   <servlet-mapping>
    >     <servlet-name>tunnel</servlet-name>
    >     <url-pattern>/tunnel</url-pattern>
    >   </servlet-mapping>
    >

Sebastian

• Sebastian Eichner

As you may have noticed, 1.1.0 is out now... :-)

Have fun!
      Sebastian

• Pritpal Dhaliwal

but I downloaded the cvs src today and its still compling rc1.. do you know why?   and aren't docs in cvs also?

Paul

• Sebastian Eichner

Uhh-ohh - sorry about that! I'm afraid that when packaging nfc 1.1 i made the mistake of not checking in the 1.1 package. It's not a big problem as rc1 became final. I wrote one or the other additional short doc-file. You could make a quick diff between rc1 and final to find these changes.

At the time when we decided that rc1 should become final, i rembember that there where already new developments checked into cvs.

I am unsure what to do now: i do not have much experience with cvs, because i normally use subversion, especially not with the handling of tags or branches.
        I suppose the most easiest way to synchronize with cvs again, would be to apply the diff between rc1 and final to the current cvs status?

Sebastian

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks