bug: creating room

Davieboie
2004-05-03
2004-05-03
  • Davieboie

Davieboie - 2004-05-03

In Sebastian's new flash client you can create a room with no name, which leads to an Error whenever you want to send a message to that newly created room: "Error: null"...

You can only do this whenever entering nfcFlash.html for the first time. You cannot create a room without a name after you already created one with a name.

• Sebastian Eichner

Thanks for reporting this bug, i never noticed this.
      I can reproduce it in the version i am using. It's a missing "not empty"-check of the input field.

I will put this on my todo-list, but i cannot tell you when i will be able to fix it.

Thanks, Sebastian

• Davieboie

Davieboie - 2004-05-03

Can I somehow force my users to stay in only one room that I can predefine?

If my user enters the chat he will be sent directly to that predefined room. If he wants to leave that room, he automatically leaves the chat so that he doesn't get the opportunity to create a new room?

I have never done anything in flash, but if I wanted to make those changes myself which program would I have to install?

• Sebastian Eichner

It's not possible to do this in nfc 1.1.0 without modifications.

You will have to modify the client to achieve this behaviour. But if you have no experience in flash or generally in programming, then this probably will be too difficult to do.

If you do have some knowledge and you want to try: you need the Flash authoring environment by Macromedia (14day-trial available) and the .fla (source) files included in the client download.

There are event handlers where you could make the user join a certain room as soon as the client is connected. Then adapt the interface to your needs (remove join room button,...).

If you want to use the java client too, then of course you have to modify this client also.

Sebastian