Default charset

2003-02-08
2003-02-10
  • Tolga Tatari

Tolga Tatari - 2003-02-08

When i start flashserver it says:
    Warning : Default charset cd1254 not supported, using ISO-8859-1 instead.

What does it mean ?

• Tolga Tatari

And i also host the server and the swf's in the same server, my 7777 port is open , i can start the flash server but cannot connect from flash ...

• Tolga Tatari

And i installed the server in standalone mode, does it make any difference for flash ?

• Maarten van Hoof

Tolga,

What operating system are you running on? Are you using the latest version (currently 1.0.8)? When and where do you get the charset error? What do the NFC log files say? Are you sure your firewall isn't blocking access to port 7777? Are you sure your flash client is connecting to the proper port?

The flash server will work both standalone and embedded, although the latter requires some configuration.

Maarten

• Tolga Tatari

Tolga Tatari - 2003-02-09

i am using windows 2000 server, i could start the server and it works good now but it still gives the charset error in runflashserver.bat window.

I have another question, do you know how can i make this bat file work as a service, when i log out from the server it closes too.

• Maarten van Hoof

So I guess it's the bat file itself that is complaining about the charset? You can probably just ignore it.

Regarding running NFC as a server, I think it would be easiest to run the server embedded in Tomcat and then make Tomcat a service.

Maarten

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks