Can't convince Neuroph 2.6 to train

Help
2012-01-30
2012-12-24
  • Arthur Younger

Arthur Younger - 2012-01-30

I have installed Neuroph 2.6 and Neuroph Studio 2.6.  JDK is 1.7.0_02.
    Have tried to replicate the Time Series Prediction tutorial.  But it simply will not start to train.
    More precisely, there is no indication of any training iterations (save once when it stalled on iteration 1).
    Individual neurons do seem to have some numerical values though.

I can run it successfully in EasyNeuron on the web site.

I'm completely baffled.  Any advice?

thanks
    ay

• Zoran Sevarac

Zoran Sevarac - 2012-01-31

Thank you for letting us know about this issue, we'll investigate this in more detail. Neuroph has not been tested for JDK 1.7.0_02. (developed on JDK 1.6.0_23) but this should not be the problem.  It seems that  the issue is specific to that Time Series Prediction sample at the moment (probaly to some others as well).
    We'll let you know the solution soon.

Zoran

• Arthur Younger

Arthur Younger - 2012-01-31

Zoran, thanks for the note!  I too doubt that it would be the different JDK release.  I have rarely seen java incompatabilities.
    I wondered whether it had to do with importing a data file.  But my second topic post gave results of some even simpler tests that ended up not working either.  Since EasyNeurons works, and the core clearly works it looks like NetBean-related problems.

thanks again
    ay

• Jaxx

Jaxx - 2012-03-06

Hi,

Im having the same problem - with the same tutorial.
    Haven't tried easyNeuron though.

My Java version : 1.7.0_03

Any progress on this ?

• Zoran Sevarac

Zoran Sevarac - 2012-03-13

Make sure you're using Tanh transfer functions and let me know if it works.
    Try doing it from Java code, it should work without any issues.
    Most likely drawing and training thread sync issues, I'm working on that

Zoran

• Elle

Elle - 2012-03-22

Hi Folks,

Not fully upto speed with the latest 'kit' but … any help I can provide as I wrote the tutorial?

Best Wishes, Elle

• Zoran Sevarac

Zoran Sevarac - 2012-03-23

I still have to check out the details to see why its buggy, but it seems to be working if Tanh transfer function is used.
    Also we should update existing tutorial with new screenshots from Neuroph Studio.
    You'll be excited when you see the next release on which we're working at the moment :)

Zoran

• Nazneen

Nazneen - 2012-08-08

I just had a issue regarding the image recognition training …easy neurons which is available as an online demo tool works differently as compared to neuroph studio..and the training results too differ…Is easy neurons downloadable?
    And secondly if i want to compare two different images but they are pics(diff) of  same object…Is neuroph capable of giving good results because I cannot seem to train the system well so was wondering if i have chosen a wrong tool for my requirement or I have to keep training the system?…Please help..

Any input would be helpful.

Nazneen R

• Bianca

Bianca - 2012-10-01

Hi @all,

has there been any progress on this issue? Is there a way of getting the described network to train properly?
    I'm starting to work on my bachelor thesis and since it will basically be about a time series prediction problem, this tutorial would be the best possible introduction for me - but I'm not able to make it work :-(

And yes, I'm using the Tanh transfer function.

It would be wonderful if someone could help me with that (or indicate a workaround)!

Thank's a lot
    Bianca

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks