easyBeans + Image Recognition

Help
2011-06-19
2012-12-24
  • Wesley Elliott

Wesley Elliott - 2011-06-19

Im trying to use easyBeans to create a .nnet network file to use for image recognition in my Java class. However, when I select a folder with 3 different pictures to train, and a junk folder, it doesnt train. It holds on the "Training Network" dialog, not displaying anything in the current net error or iterations box. If I start the whole process again, without selecting a junk folder it seems to work fine.

Also, when I used the .nnet file without junk, I let the iterations go to 20 000 on the 3 120x78 pixel pictures but no matter what image I tried, it recognized it to 0.99 for all 3 pictures. is 20 000 not enough?

Thanks

• Wesley Elliott

Wesley Elliott - 2011-06-19

Oops, meant EasyNeurons.

• Zoran Sevarac

Zoran Sevarac - 2011-06-19

Im trying to use easyBeans to create a .nnet network file to use for image recognition in my Java class. However, when I select a folder with 3 different pictures to train, and a junk folder, it doesnt train. It holds on the "Training Network" dialog, not displaying anything in the current net error or iterations box. If I start the whole process again, without selecting a junk folder it seems to work fine.

Also, when I used the .nnet file without junk, I let the iterations go to 20 000 on the 3 120x78 pixel pictures but no matter what image I tried, it recognized it to 0.99 for all 3 pictures. is 20 000 not enough?

It should be, however number of iterations is not the key feature here, Try with different number of hidden neurons and hidden layers.

Zoran

Try scaling all images including junk images to the same widt and height.

• Nazneen

Nazneen - 2012-08-08

I just had a issue regarding the image recognition training …easy neurons which is available as an online demo tool works differently as compared to neuroph studio..and the training results too differ…Is easy neurons downloadable?
    And secondly if i want to compare two different images but they are pics(diff) of  same object…Is neuroph capable of giving good results because I cannot seem to train the system well so was wondering if i have chosen a wrong tool for my requirement or I have to keep training the system?…Please help….I am facing the same problem as mentioned above..

Any input would be helpful.

Nazneen R