Comunication problem with SCADA

Help
Piotr
2024-04-15
2024-04-15
  • Piotr

Piotr - 2024-04-15

Hello,

I'm using siemens Simatic STEP7 V5.6 + SP2 and simulated CPU 416F-3 PN/DP. This software is installed on virtual machine Windows Server 2016 std Eval version. I'm trying to connect to SCADA which is located on another virtual machine with Windows 10 pro 64bit. Both machines are in the same network and subnet. I'm using nettoplcsim. Already added some adress to PLC however it didn't connected to SCADA. Can't even ping the simulated PLC from the machine where the SCADA is located... What can be wrong? Do you think is that a problem because I'm using virtual machines?
    And does the PC ethernet adapter address and simulated PLC address have to be the same?

Any ideas appreciated

Best regards,
    Piotr

• Thomas Wiens

Thomas Wiens - 2024-04-15

Hello Piotr,

Nettoplcsim uses an existing network interface. It does not add something like an IP address itself.

Means if the Scada should reach the PLC under 10.0.0.20, then you should add this address to the network interface where Plcsim and Nettoplcsim is running on (as you asked, they must be the same). If you are using the browse button beside the network address (with the "..."), you should be able to find this address. If you don't find this address, in 99% it wont work (1% is for special network adapters the browse method does not find).

In the first step, the scada should be able to ping the IP address, independent of Nettoplcsim. Remember that if the Windows firewall is active, it may block ping requests for example if your network is detected as public network (if you don't allow ping for this network type).

Both partners must be in the same subnet if you don't have a router between them. Maybe it's setting in the virtual machine. In my cases I almost always use the bridge mode in my VMs.