Can't connect NetToPLCSim to S7online interface

Help
uchihar
2018-07-11
2019-09-25
  • uchihar

uchihar - 2018-07-11

Hi.

If this has already been explained I haven't found it. Sorry if that's the case.

I have Windows 10, Step7 v 5.6. When I click on Plcsim IP Address's 3 dots I get the error "Error when connecting S7online interface!"

EDIT: Some other times the error is: "No TCP/IP reachable PLC is detected. Please check if Plcsim is running".
    Yes, Plcsim is running.

I can create properly the simulated PLC, and I can "watch" it online and I see the variables changing etc. When I use the NetToPLCSim, even after gaining access to 102, it doesn't connect. If i set the address manually it doesn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Last edit: uchihar 2018-07-11
  • Thomas Wiens

Thomas Wiens - 2018-07-11

Have you set the PG/PC interface to PLCSIM (TCP/IP)?

What type of CPU do you want to simulate, S7-300/400 or S7-1200/1500?

Last edit: Thomas Wiens 2018-07-11
  • uchihar

uchihar - 2018-07-12

Hi,
    Yes, it is to PLCSIM(TCP/IP). Sometimes it switches to nothing, I'll reproduce it to explain when.
    S7 300.

• uchihar

uchihar - 2018-07-12

It looks like the problem came from the firewall. Deactivating it allows me to see the Plcsim adress and properly work with Nettoplcsim.

• Thomas Wiens

Thomas Wiens - 2018-07-12

Glad to hear that it works for you, and thank you for your feedback.

The internal communication to Plcsim has an IP address, but there are no network functions used. The address is used for the internal S7online interface. Maybe that other security functions of your antivirus/firewall software had blocked the access to Plcsim.

• knightriderwhyt

knightriderwhyt - 2019-09-24

Hi. I also get "Error when connecting S7online interface!" when trying to add Plcsim IP Address with the "..."-button.

When I have stopped the s7oiehsx64 service the PG/PC interface list goes blank, also PLCSIM interface shows only " _ ".

If I manually enter IP address of Plcsim and try to start server, I get "Error starting server on connection PLC#001".

Using Win10Enterprise N2016LTSB 64bit + Netttoplcsim0.9.4 +S7v5.6 and I have stopped "Base Filtering Engine" and the "Windows Firewall" services .

• Thomas Wiens

Thomas Wiens - 2019-09-24

Hi,

you should use the latest version of Nettoplcsim, which is 1.2.4 at this date, there were a lot of improvements since the 0.9.4. This current version has an automatic tool to stop and start the Siemens service and do some things in the background, as you can't simply stop the service any more since a specific Step7 version.

You should use Nettoplcsim in this way

• restart computer
      • before starting any Siemens software, start Nettoplcsim with Admin rights, and let Nettoplcsim stop/start the Siemens service to capture the TCP port 102. Let Nettoplcsim in this state (open with no configuration)
      • start Step 7 (or TIA Portal if you want to use this), then start Plcsim and download your project
      • configure Plcsim station in Nettoplcsim, and start Nettoplcsim server

• knightriderwhyt

knightriderwhyt - 2019-09-25

Sweet. This version works. Thanks!