Menu

no Ping

Help
2024-05-04
2024-06-13
  • Massimo Andreazza

Dear,

i'm trying to use Net to Plc; i suppose i did a right confiration as you can see from pics, but when i try to ping PLC ip i did not recive feeback. Can someone help me. I'm using Tia V16 and i would like to comunicate with Intouch using OI DIR
    Thanks in advance

Last edit: Massimo Andreazza 2024-05-04
  • Thomas Wiens

Thomas Wiens - 2024-05-04

Hi Massimo,

are you trying the ping from the same machine where Nettoplcsim is running on (pinging localhost)? It seems that you are only connected to WLAN interface. Disconnect WLAN and connect the LAN interface to any switch or router.

If you want to use the symbolic driver in Intouch OI, then from my last tests some years ago they weren't able to connect to Plcsim via Nettoplcsim. Also they don't support some old variants of the S7-1200. I suppose they have done their reverse engineering of the protocol only with some specific variants of the S7-1200/1500 controllers. But you can give it a try, maybe they have fixed somethin in newer versions of the driver. Absolute addressing should always work.

Also make sure that you start your simulation setup in this order:
    1. After PC start, before starting any Siemens application, start Nettoplcsim with admin rights and let it capture the TCP Port 102. Let Nettoplcsim in this state, with no configuration
    2. Start Siemens Software, start Plcsim, load program into Plcsim
    3. Configure Nettoplcsim, and start the Nettoplcsim server
    4. Make your tests

• Sonny Her

Sonny Her - 2024-06-13

old. but if anyone still uses... you can set a virtual network adapter as the same IP address as your simulated PLC and that will make it work, you can now ping the PLC and also connect to it from other sources such as visual studio etc.