Menu

Plans for this app?

jcblacker
2006-01-10
2013-03-22
  • jcblacker

jcblacker - 2006-01-10

I think the Apache/Apache2 community needs an app like this and I applaud the effort; however, it simply isn't ready for prime-time yet, although I don't think it would require too much additional work (presuming it is able to handle the Apache2 split config file approach) to get it working better.  Obviously, from the posts on the Install/Help forum the jar file is not built correctly.  Also, if the config file hasn't been setup to point to the Apache2(or httpd) locations, it throws exceptions and fails to complete initialization (flash screen hangs at about 36%).  Would love to see this app working well and wouldn't mind adding some help to the project.  I see Comanche is a competitor, but it's going commercial and will obviously not be freely available.  Apparently, this app is intended to be more than an Apache config front-end and that is somewhat OK, although I would suggest that effort be spun off into a companion or add-on product/module.

• Lawrie Scovell

Lawrie Scovell - 2008-04-10

Hello John,

I afraid I haven't looked at this in years - the application is closed as I have no time. You are welcome to the source code. I can zip it up for you if you like. Its not a text-book example on how to write a Swing application... but good enough to be a good start for something better.

Let me know.

Lawrie