Menu

./configure error

Help
2003-07-23
2003-07-27
  • Mike "robot" Pietruszka

When i`m trying to ./configure superkaramba i get this error:

checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!

what should i do?and what does that mean?

• Adam Geitgey

Adam Geitgey - 2003-07-23

You need to install the "devel" packages for X.  On mandrake, you would do this:

urpmi XFree86-devel

which would find the latest version of XFree86-devel and install it.  On your distro, the package probably has a similar name.  But since I don't know which distro you use, I can't tell you exactly.

i use mandrake 9.1 and when i typed in this command i got this: no page named XFree86-devel

well i found the devel package for xfree86 on mandrake`s ftp website(i cant trust my cds now) and when i was trying to install it,i got this error:
      error: failed dependencies:
              fontconfig-devel >= 2.1-4mdk is needed by XFree86-devel-4.3-5mdk

weel, my font config and font-tools are installed but it still doesn work..i tried looking for this package on that mandrake ftp website and rpmfind.net but i didn`t find it.

• Adam Geitgey

Adam Geitgey - 2003-07-26

fontconfig-devel is on mandrake's ftp site...  If you have urpmi properly set up, you wouldn't have this hassle. 

As root, type this (all on one line):

urpmi.addmedia main ftp://ftp.rutgers.edu/pub/mandrake/Mandrake/9.1/i586/Mandrake/RPMS with ../base/hdlist.cz

Then, just do "urpmi XFree86-devel" and any other needed packages will be automatically downloaded and installed along with it.

i got this from what i typed:

added medium main
          examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation Desktop CD1 (x86) (cdrom1).cz]
          examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation Desktop CD2 (x86) (cdrom2).cz]
          examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation Desktop CD2 (x86) (cdrom3).cz]
          retrieving description file of "main"...
          retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "main"...
              ftp://ftp.rutgers.edu/pub/mandrake/Mandrake/9.1/Mandrake/base/hdlist.cz
          ...retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 10 or signal 0

retrieve of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed
          no hdlist file found for medium "main"
          examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]
          problem reading synthesis file of medium "main"
          unable to update medium "main"