Help
Anonymous
2003-05-13
2003-05-20
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-05-13

I keep getting this error when I try to compile:

karamba.cpp: In function `long int createWidgetMask(long int, char*)':
    karamba.cpp:299: no matching function for call to `QString::setAscii(char*&)'
    karamba.cpp: In function `long int createClickArea(long int, long int, long
    int, long int, long int, char*)':
    karamba.cpp:364: no matching function for call to `QString::setAscii(char*&)'
    karamba.cpp: In function `long int addImageTooltip(long int, long int, char*)':
    karamba.cpp:510: no matching function for call to `QString::setAscii(char*&)'
    karamba.cpp: In function `long int createImage(long int, long int, long int,
    char*)':
    karamba.cpp:534: no matching function for call to `QString::setAscii(char*&)'
    karamba.cpp: In function `long int changeTextFont(long int, long int, char*)':
    karamba.cpp:628: no matching function for call to `QString::setAscii(char*&)'
    karamba.cpp: In function `long int changeText(long int, long int, char*)':
    karamba.cpp:650: no matching function for call to `QString::setAscii(char*&)'
    karamba.cpp: In function `long int createText(long int, long int, long int,
    long int, long int, char*)':
    karamba.cpp:733: no matching function for call to `QString::setAscii(char*&)'
    karamba.cpp:734: no matching function for call to `QString::setAscii(char*&)'
    make[3]: *** [karamba.o] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/colberg/temp/superkaramba-0.22b/src'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/colberg/temp/superkaramba-0.22b/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/colberg/temp/superkaramba-0.22b'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm using RedHat 7.3, with qt, qt2, qt-devel, qt2-devel packages installed.

Any ideas how can this get fixed?

PS: I'm thinking of upgrading, but now it's not possible

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-05-14

You problem is probably that your QT installation is too old of a version.  This is definitely due to the fact that you are running RH7.3.  My suggestion would be to first look for a newer QT rpm. Second to that I would look for a newer OS (ie RH9, MDK9, etc).   As a last resort I would compile QT from the source code.  I would not suggest the last one though, because I once tried to compile it, thinking it would only take about 5 or ten minutes, and it took close to an hour (I think longer than it takes me to compile my kernel) on a 1700 AMD processor.  But you probably wont have to compile, just because you're running Redhat, which is compatible with practically everything.

Regards,
      Eric

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-05-20

Eh, I'm using Mandrake 9, and I've got the same problem. So if you do upgrade to mdk, try 9.1.