Menu

Last one I promise :)

Help
Anonymous
2003-08-11
2003-08-12
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-11

Im wondering, How can I stop some text generated in a py file from getting bolder and bolder? I tried redraw and hide/show with no success :) Many thanks in advance! :)

• Ryan Nickell

Ryan Nickell - 2003-08-12

As with the createText() call, there is also a deleteText() call. Think of it this way.. once you write your text, before your next widget update you will need to delete it before re-writing it again. Otherwise you will have continuous writes in the same place (ie looking like it is getting bolder and bolder).
      cheers,
      -p0z3r

• Adam Geitgey

Adam Geitgey - 2003-08-12

You only have to createText() once.  If you are calling createText() in a loop, you will be continuously making a new text object and it will appear to be getting bolder and bolder as the new ones write over the old ones.   Just take the createText() out of the loop.  Call createText() in initWidget instead of widgetUpdated unless you know what you are doing.

deleteText() is there if you want to delete your text, but you don't have to.  Just don't keep creating the same text over and over :)