Little quickie question

Help
Anonymous
2003-08-11
2003-08-11
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-11

Hi,

This may have been asked over and over but after searching the forum and the site, I couldnt find anything concerning my problem. (Maybe I just went over without reading, if so I'm particularly sorry! ) :) Anyway, here's my problem: I'm trying to get a script working with my theme but I just cant get it to at least compile :/ When I run python myScript.py, it says it cant load unnamed module karamba, or so. Do I only have to dump a .py file in there or is there something more to do?

Many many many thanks in advance, this was a tool I was looking for a very long time! :)

tienne Brouillard

• Ryan Nickell

Ryan Nickell - 2003-08-11

Sounds like karamba or superkaramba wasn't installed if Python can't locate the module you're importing.  (ie. import karamba)
      Maybe check your installation.
      cheers,
      -p0z3r

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-11

Hi!

SuperKaramba seems to work though :/ I can run my theme no problem (no py though)...

I've installed the latest Mandrake 9.1 rpms and I'll try with the source instead :)

• Adam Geitgey

Adam Geitgey - 2003-08-11

Your superkaramba installation is fine.  You said you did 'python myscript.py', but that is not how you run superkaramba scripts! 

If you have a superkaramba theme called 'myscript.theme', when you load that theme in superkaramba, 'myscript.py' will automatically be run if found!  You don't run the python script directly.  The reason it says can't find module karamba is because the karamba module only exists inside the python interpreter built into superkaramba - it doesn't exist in regular python. 

So make myscript.theme and run that with superkaramba.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-11

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
      Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
      Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
      'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
      superkaramba: TaskManager::TaskManager()
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/home/tux/RoundBar-1.5/RoundBar.py", line 3, in ?
          import string
      ImportError: No module named string

Now I got it to "compile" any python script... but I get this at load... any clue? Source installed this time :)

Thanks a lot for your time :)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-11

Good :)
      It works fine now :)
      Now Ill try to get something done with that now :)