PLEASE... help with mandrake 9.1.

Help
Anonymous
2003-05-25
2003-05-26
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-05-25

I don't know what i've done wrong.

All I did was install the RPM and now when I try to use themes (kroller, aridynbar...) they don't appear as anything... Just blank spaces on the screen... I'm using Superkaramba 0.26 with the Mandrake 9.1 RPM.

Cheers,
    HotPotato

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-05-26

I am not sure if this is an issue with superkaramba, or with the given theme. I had this same problem with the "kroller" theme. In the kroller.conf file it did not call the icons with an path, it just gave the icon name. Once I defined the full path it seem to work. Also any icons that it could not find would make it run very slow. If it found all the icons it worked great. Hope this helps.

• Wilfried Huss

Wilfried Huss - 2003-05-26

I don't know aridynbar but the current kroller (0.92b), doesn't work with Mandrake 9.1.

It tries to search for icons, so you don't have to define them all manually. Unfortunatly in it's current implementation it fails to do so in Mandrake.

Hopefully caspian (the author of kroller) will fix this soon.

When you have this problem (ie: just blank spaces on the screen) it is normally not a problem with superkaramba itself, but with the theme you use.

You should try to start superkaramba from a terminal window when a theme fails to load, because it display's error messages (But of course a small amount of Python knowledge will help to understand them).