Menu

Missing standard py mods

Help
Anonymous
2003-08-19
2003-09-06
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-19

When getting started with Superkaramba and my fresh slackware 9.0 install, i get the following error:

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
    Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
    Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
    'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
    superkaramba: TaskManager::TaskManager()
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/navyrain/slickbar-0.8.10/slickbar.py", line 10, in ?
        import os
    ImportError: No module named os
    ------------------------------------------------------
    What does ImportError mean?

It means that I couldn't load a python add-on for slickbar.theme
    If this is a regular theme and doesn't use python
    extensions, than nothing is wrong.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Presumably, i'm missing the python modules, or at least a decent path to those modules.  Any suggestions?

-Jason Strutz

• James Sparenberg

On my Mandrake box osdefs.h and os.pyo are part of the libs package.  I don't have a running slack box available right now, but does it have a similarly named tgz?  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-20

I made sure the python modules were on my machine, including os.pyo.  They're all there

I added the line
      export PYTHONHOME=/usr/lib/python2.3
      to my profile script, but all that does is remove the suggestion that I set the PYTHONHOME variable in the previously posted error message.

Any other suggestions?
      -Jason

• Adam Geitgey

Adam Geitgey - 2003-08-20

The problem is that I do development on Mandrake 9.1.  Mandrake provides dynamic python libraries while most other distributions provide static libraries.  What that means in english is that on mandrake if a builtin python module is needed by the script, it can be loaded right then whereas on other distros if the builtin module wasn't included during superkaramba compile time, it can't be loaded later.  There is a fix for compiling it that makes sure that all basic python modules are statically compiled in when superkaramba is compiled, but I don't remember it at the moment.  I'll look it up and post it soon.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-09-06

Have you had an opportunity to find that compile directive?  I'd really appreciate it.  :)