Menu

Missing Add-on Modules?

Help
Anonymous
2003-09-14
2003-09-19
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-09-14

This is the error I get when trying to run superkaramba themese. I isntalled Python and thought I had everything setup correctly.. but it still says this

[torrey@localhost torrey]$ superkaramba
    'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
    superkaramba: TaskManager::TaskManager()
    superkaramba: WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) \x09
      Major opcode:  \x0e
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/torrey/Documents/Karamba/liquid_weather_plus/liquid_weather.py", line 3, in ?
        import os
    ImportError: No module named os
    ------------------------------------------------------
    What does ImportError mean?

It means that I couldn't load a python add-on for liquid_weather.theme
    If this is a regular theme and doesn't use python
    extensions, then nothing is wrong.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    superkaramba: WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) \x09

• Adam Geitgey

Adam Geitgey - 2003-09-14

upgrade to python 2.3 and superkaramba 0.32b

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-09-15

I got python 2.3 from
      http://www.python.org/2.3/
      installed it and then installed super karamba 0.32b but it still gives me this error. :(

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-09-18

I am getting the same errors with Mandrake 9.2RC2 and KDE 3.1.

Some themes will start but have a black box instead of the actual display.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-09-18

Ahhh.. I am also using Mandrake 9.2RC2 and KDE 3.1! This must have something to do with the problem. I know I set everything up correctly and I am still having the problems.. knowing that you are also having the problem makes me more confident that the problem isn't actually with my install.. but something with the system.

I am not sure how SK/Python work.. but is it possible that in MDK 9.2RC2 some of the modules aren't where they usually are or something so SK can't find them?

• James Sparenberg

In Mandrake's Expert list there have been a number of python related "fun" of late.  A number of python applications don't run with the new one.  (on a clean install)  So at this point I wouldn't change too much but wait for an upgrade from MDK.