Menu

fluxbox problem

Help
Anonymous
2003-08-22
2003-09-18
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-22

hello people. I'm havin troubles with karamba/superkaramba when I use fluxbox. Transparency doesnt seem to be working. I use KDESKTOP to set the wallpaper (some times Esetroot) but the transparent themes only shoy the graphics and a black background... any ideas?

• Chandan Kudige

Chandan Kudige - 2003-08-25

Okay .. it seems like with the new installations of kde has this problem. I have figured it out and infact I have an implementation which not only fixes this
      problems, makes moving complex widget smooth,
      make widgets stay in foreground infront of any other
      window and guess what else ? it works perfectly on
      gnome.

Right now I am waiting to get on the developer forum and discuss these changes with the developers.

If you are interested I can let you download my modified version (it may not be well packaged) for you to try it out.

BTW, which distro are you using? Gentoo by any chance ?

• Ryan Nickell

Ryan Nickell - 2003-09-16

ckudige: this is kinda what I was looking for.. a way to use the superkaramba themes in other window managers without all the kde bloat.  I don't think there is a way to get into the dev forum btw. Anyway, can you post that fix you mentioned that let's themes run without all the kde requirements?
        cheers,
        -p0z3r

• Chandan Kudige

Chandan Kudige - 2003-09-17

I havent been able to still get it into the mainline. But here is a version which disables background image processing and translucency. Otherwise, it should be okay. Also supports meterHover callback when mouse is moved over meters, individual desktop support etc.

http://www.kudige.com/superkaramba/karamba.patch
      This needs to be installed on top of superkaramba-0.30

You might need to install KDE runtime libraries too.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-09-18

I can't get the patch, always got a time out, can you email me the patch, btw what's is the particular problem with Gentoo and Fluxbox?

• Ryan Nickell

Ryan Nickell - 2003-09-18

You can get it from my site as well txitxo.
        http://p0z3r.is-a-geek.org/karamba.patch

It should be up most of the time.. except at like 3 am since it goes down when I go to bed. ;)
        cheers,
        -p0z3r

• Chandan Kudige

Chandan Kudige - 2003-09-18

Thanks p0z3r,
          basically my access point seems to timeout if there is no activitity and hence the webserver is usually down. But now I am running some pings, hopefully it stays up :)

BTW. did you have luck with the patch ? I havent done anything else yet, since I am not sure what to do next.