Menu

Its kinda broke

Help
Anonymous
2003-08-12
2003-08-12
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-12

Im new to linux and still very much learning.  I love superkaramba.

I'm running into a few problems though.  I downloaded the Liquid Weather theme (awesome by the way), and it half worked for a while before screwing up.  It worked and got the weather for some city in England as its default, but would not let me change to my city.  I was looking at the files under edit to try to manually put in my city, but that also didnt work.  Then it just died.  Whenever I load that theme Linux goes to hell.  Everything starts to freeze up and the theme doesnt really load.  I can right click on it and wait and a choppy thing pops up that is the menu but its like the CPU is just flooded. 
    I downloaded another superkaramba theme to see if that worked.  I forget what it was, but it was fine except I no longer have an configuration menu.  I click on configure and a menu pops out with nothing in it.  I uninstalled and reinstalled superkaramba with the rpm -e command (i think thats what it was) but the same thing is happening.

I really loved superkaramba and I want it back.  Also it crashes whenever I try to load a regular karamba file.

If it matters I have Mandrake 9.1 and KDE 3.1(I think may be 3)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-12

I would start by moving your .superkaramba directory to the side and starting up superkaramba again.
      I had to do some playing with the liquid_weather_plus scripts today to get them working I can mail it to you. I had the same problems. I would a reg-ex problem in parsing the today weather. Mail me if you would like the update to test after superkaramba is behaving for you. waite at skycomputers.com

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-12

alright ill give you an email,  but i wanted to post this for anyone else who saw.  I ran superkaramba in a terminal and got this

Fatal error: could not connect to site or load data.
      name error: golbal name 'weather is not defined'
      call to widgitupdated failed

there was more but these were the bad looking ones

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-12

also
      KDE detected X error: BadDrawable