Menu

VMware Appliance do you have a place I can upload an OVF of the appliance?

Help
2014-09-04
2014-09-05
  • Nyle Landas

Nyle Landas - 2014-09-04

I just used VMware's OVFtool to convert the Fusion VM into a single file OVF which can be more easily imported into many VMWare environments like my VCenter 5 system. Is there some place I could upload the file to so that you could share it with your other packages? You have created a really cool tool here and I'm in the process of setting it up. I thought I'd try to give back a little.

Otherwise, you could export an OVF/OVA from Fusion, I'm pretty certain that there is an option in Fusion to export a VM to an OVF file.

Thanks,
    -Nyle

• Jonathan Yantis

Jonathan Yantis - 2014-09-05

Nyle,

Thanks and I’ll see if I can export OVF from fusion to make that process easier in the future. I’m about to release 1.13 so that would be a good time to upload a new image. Let me know how it goes, the biggest problem people usually have is support for an odd network device. Hope it goes well.

Jonathan

On Sep 4, 2014, at 2:00 PM, Nyle Landas nlandas@users.sf.net wrote:

I just used VMware's OVFtool to convert the Fusion VM into a single file OVF which can be more easily imported into many VMWare environments like my VCenter 5 system. Is there some place I could upload the file to so that you could share it with your other packages? You have created a really cool tool here and I'm in the process of setting it up. I thought I'd try to give back a little.

Otherwise, you could export an OVF/OVA from Fusion, I'm pretty certain that there is an option in Fusion to export a VM to an OVF file.

Thanks,
      -Nyle

VMware Appliance do you have a place I can upload an OVF of the appliance?

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/netdbtracking/discussion/939989/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• Nyle Landas

Nyle Landas - 2014-09-04

c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware OVF Tool>ovftool --acceptAllEulas --targetType=OV
    F C:\NetDB-Ubuntu-1204\NetDB-Ubuntu-1204.vmx c:\NetDB-Ubuntu.ovf
    Opening VMX source: C:\NetDB-Ubuntu-1204\NetDB-Ubuntu-1204.vmx
    Opening OVF target: c:\NetDB-Ubuntu.ovf
    Writing OVF package: c:\NetDB-Ubuntu.ovf
    Transfer Completed
    Completed successfully

I'm importing it for testing in my environment now.