Menu

Windows Install

Help
Jeff Cook
2009-11-09
2013-02-02
  • Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook - 2009-11-09

I am looking at installing NetDB on a Windows system.  It looks like Perl and MYSQL are all that is needed, and they do run on Windows.  However does the Perl code call linux commands directly that would cause it not to run on Windows?

Is there anyone running this on Windows?

Thank You

• Jonathan Yantis

Jonathan Yantis - 2009-11-17

Jeff,

At this time it's not really supported on Windows.  While it could be done, I think it would be a lot more trouble for you than it was worth.  The biggest issue I see is with the netdbctl script and default file locations.  Everything is organized around a unix file system structure which would all have to be modified to work on windows.  It also requires openssh if you want to use SSH, and I'm not sure if that is available for windows.

Unfortunately, I don't do any development in Windows, which is the real issue.  If I had some help, I might consider it, but realize that it would take quite a bit of your time to get working.  I've done the install several times on Ubuntu LTS and it is very strait forward.  If you run in to any issues on the install in linux, I will do my best to help you through it.