Menu

Could not open SSH session to Cisco 3750

Help
2014-05-05
2014-11-05
  • Bonny Gazinski

Bonny Gazinski - 2014-05-05

I have inherited this Netdb installation. I have a series of errors in contorl.log.

Sun May 4 07:00:57 2014: netdbctl(3209): iosscraper.pl(3297): |ERROR|: Could not open SSH session to DDC-SW03: SSHAuthenticationError Login timed out. The input stream currently has the contents bellow: Enter PASSCODE: at /usr/share/perl5/Expect.pm line 829

SSH2 is valid for these devices. Username/password in netdb.conf is valid.

Not all switches have this error. Many are successful with SSH login with same username/password.

Expect.pm shows this for a version:
    BEGIN {
    $Expect::VERSION = '1.21';

I'm guessing, but it appears that the "Enter PASSCODE:" is not expected and therefore the login attempt gets timed out.

Thanks.

• Jonathan Yantis

Jonathan Yantis - 2014-05-06

Bonny,

What version of code are your 3750s running? Do you have any special login setup? I've never seen that sort of SSH password prompt on a 3750, or 3850 etc for that matter. I've seen WLC's need special login code for SSH but never IOS devices.

Thanks

• derekdo

derekdo - 2014-11-05

I was using whichever version is on the virtual appliance. I grabbed the version out of netdb-1.13.1.tar.gz and that seems to have taken care of the problem.

Thank you for the quick responses!

• Jonathan Yantis

Jonathan Yantis - 2014-11-05

Great, if you're using the VM you can su to the netdb user, change to /opt/netdb/ and run an svn update. That will at least get you all the bug fixes in 1.12. I think this wlc issue was also fixed in the latest 1.12 as well.

--
      Jonathan Yantis

On Nov 5, 2014, at 11:19 AM, derekdo derekdo@users.sf.net wrote:

I was using whichever version is on the virtual appliance. I grabbed the version out of netdb-1.13.1.tar.gz and that seems to have taken care of the problem.

Thank you for the quick responses!

Could not open SSH session to Cisco 3750

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/netdbtracking/discussion/939989/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/