Menu

Any updates?

Robert H
2018-04-18
2019-03-20
  • Robert H

Robert H - 2018-04-18

Hi. Is this project going to be updated? I saw some posts about updating the VM and combining it with netgrph. That would be great!

• Matthew Earley

Matthew Earley - 2018-05-25

It would be great to see NetDB updated. If my quick detective work is right, the developer Jonathan Yantis did well with some other projects and has since bought and sold a mansion, sitting well and enjoying life, presumably.

How does one go about reviving a dead prohject here on SourceForge?

• Earl Ramirez

Earl Ramirez - 2019-02-21

I have just started to work on NetDB over on Github, I will be honest I am not expert but what sort of updates are you expecting to see, if you are interesting in just an updated OS then this is what I am aiming to achieve. I also plan to do the following.
    Create an installation script for a few distributions
    Build a customised OS that includes NetDB that limit the hassel of installing it
    Create a Docker container
    Move Authentication from the netdb.passwd to the Database
    * Minimalistic changes to the UI for authentication and password reset.

I am currently testing on CentOS and it has worked well so far but still need to iron out a few things, I would say in 2 months the custom OS will be available and everything else will follow.

• Robert H

Robert H - 2019-03-15

That sounds fantastic Earl. I'm looking forward to your progress.
    We have official Red Hat at work so a script (in addition to your image) would benefit us the most.

Last edit: Robert H 2019-03-15
    • Earl Ramirez

Earl Ramirez - 2019-03-20

The script was successfully tested on CentOS 7, it will be great if you can give it a try and let me know if you encounter any errors on RHEL https://github.com/EarlRamirez/netdb. The MRTG graph works, but need some tweaking becasue the ARP table is not getting updated at the moment.

The following things are pending before I can proceed to creatings a custom ISO, similar to the one that I have created for a spearate project here ==> https://github.com/EarlRamirez/snipeit_iso.
      Add the statistics graph to the main page
      Create a local Perl repo
      * Test the installation in an off-line environment.