Drop files on to nedit from a file manager to load them. This is just a proof of concept, and needs lots of work. Specifically:
1) We don't do any real URI decoding. Files with spaces in the names won't load
2) Error checking - users can attempt to drag files located on different machines, and we should probably ignore those files instead of aborting.
3) Protocol checking - right now, all we use is "file:" but it may be possible to support others
4) Badly formed URIs - different apps formulate URIs differently and incorrectly. See comment in patch.
5) Errors posted during a drag will wind up with a dialog under the drag icon. Not good.
6) Handle multiple files - seems okay for text/uri-list (nautilus) but not done for FILE_NAME (CDE).
7) What other atom types should we support? What do other apps provide?
8) Better awareness of windows and tabs (and prefs) if need be. Right now the drop site is the entire application.
I've tried it out with CDE dtfile on tru64, and Nautilus under Fedora Core 2.
Log in to post a comment.