I'm posting all my current work I've done on the WG111T chipset. There's
the firmware uploader and a patch for ndiswrapper (but for version 1.2
unfortunately). The attached files are also available on my website :
So far so good I managed to setup the driver but scanning gives no
Here's the modification I've done :
- Modifying the memory allocator (ExAllocateFromPool). The driver
requires memory amounts that kmalloc cannot give (over the
KMALLOC_THRESHOLD limit). And it's not possible to use vmalloc for two
* You can't use virtual memory with the usb subsystem
* you can't use vmalloc in DISPATCH_LEVEL but the big block is not in
this case. Unfortunately the block might be possibly freed at this level
So, I used the get_free_pages function along with a linked list to keep
track of the allocated memory.
I don't know if I implemented this right. Personnaly I considered it
like a small solution easy to implement and test
- Fix a small bug in the KeWaitForMultipleObjects.
- Remove the ASSERT in the usb_select_configuration
- Add the usb_get_port_status function and the corresponding IOCTL
I tried to port the patch on the last version but I get a kernel oops.
I also tried my patch and the unpatched ndiswrapper with a similar
driver but different id:
To compile download_firmware, you'll need libusb. This program
isdistributed under the BSD license so feel free to modify it (although
it's quite ugly).
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.