install problems on fedora fc2

Help
Anonymous
2004-07-07
2012-10-06
  • Anonymous - 2004-07-07

I am a newbie and am installing ndiswrapper-0.8 on 2.6.6-1.435.2.3 kernel.  I navigatged into my ndiswrapper-0.8 dir and typed make install and got the error below.

make -C driver install
    make[1]: Entering directory `/root/Desktop/downloads/untitled folder/ndiswrapper-0.8/driver'
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.6-1.435.2.3smp/build SUBDIRS=/root/Desktop/downloads/untitled folder/ndiswrapper-0.8/driver DRV_VERSION=0.8 modules
    make[2]: Entering directory `/lib/modules/2.6.6-1.435.2.3smp/build'
    make[2]: *** No rule to make target `folder/ndiswrapper-0.8/driver'.  Stop.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/lib/modules/2.6.6-1.435.2.3smp/build'
    make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/Desktop/downloads/untitled folder/ndiswrapper-0.8/driver'
    make: *** [install] Error 2

I have the source installed.  Do I have to place the files somewhere specific to compile?  Or does it have something to to with making a link?  If so how.  These install instructions that come with the package are confusing to me.

Thanks,

Lopressor

• Katie Bechtold

Katie Bechtold - 2004-08-10

My guess is that the problem stems from having a directory name containing a space ("untitled folder").  When make sees the argument SUBDIRS=/root/Desktop/downloads/untitled folder/ndiswrapper-0.8/driver it interprets the space between "untitled" and "folder" as separating two arguments and therefore treats "folder/ndiswrapper-0.8/driver" as a separate argument.