jes - 2007-08-22

Hi!

I'm trying to install a Netgear Wn121t adaptater on my computer but the drivers are not included in my linux distribution (Mandriva 2007.1 spring free DVD x64).

The chipset is a Marvell Topdog also used on other Wifi-n adaptaters
I've found Vista64 drivers at www.station-drivers.com/page/marvell.htm and put them in /usr/driver. There are 3 files:
WN121_x64.cat
WN121_x64.inf
WN121_x64.sys

Here is the version of my system:
X -version -> v7.2.0
Kernel -> 2.6.17-13mdv x86-64
ndiswrapper-1.21-2mdv2007.1x86_64

I've tryed to install the drivers via KDE but when I choose the .inf driver I have a message stating that I need a firmware. Since I don't have anymore files, I've decided to upgrade ndiswrapper to latest version (and hoppe it would work).

I have uninstalled the current version (urpmi ndiswrapper) and istalled the dowloaded updated file (tar xvjf ndiswrapper-1.48rc1.tar.gz).
After that, I've launched the installation with 'make distclean' and I have a error that I don't understand:
"make -C driver clean
"readlink: opérande surnuméraire '2.6.17-13mdvxen0', faite "readlink --help"
"readlink: opérande surnuméraire '2.6.17-13mdvxen0', faite "readlink --help"
"make[1]: entrant dans le répertoire "/usr/src/ndiswrapper-1.48rc1/driver"
"makefile:64: No .config found in, please set KBUILD to configured kernel. Arrêt
"make[1]: quittant le répertoire "/usr/src/ndiswrapper-1.48rc1/driver"
"make:
[clean] Erreur 2

I have allmost the same message with 'make' and 'make install' (only last line changes)

I've checked files in cd /lib/modules/'uname -r'/build and here is what I get:
"arch/ COPYING CREDITS Documentation/ drivers/ include/ Kbuild MAINTAINERS Makefile README REPORTING-BUGS scripts/ usr/

So I don't have the .config as requested in the INSTALL text file included in the updated ndiswrapper package.

As you can see I've been as far as I can but now I'm stuck.
Any Idea ?

(sorry for my english but I'm french)