SuSE 9.1 & .10v ndiswrapper (download).. help

Help
2004-09-29
2012-10-06
  • J.D. Klusman

J.D. Klusman - 2004-09-29

Ok so i went in and changed line 46? to 2,6,4 and it will now compile. Here is my output of the compile... i piped it to vi.

make -C driver install
    make[1]: Entering directory /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver' make -C /lib/modules/2.6.4-52-default/build SUBDIRS=/root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver \ NDISWRAPPER_VERSION=0.10 \ EXTRA_VERSION= modules make[2]: Entering directory/usr/src/linux-2.6.4-52'
    CHK include/linux/version.h
    Warning: Overriding SUBDIRS on the command line can cause
    inconsistencies
    make[3]: arch/i386/kernel/asm-offsets.s' is up to date. CHK include/asm-i386/asm_offsets.h CC [M] /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver/wrapper.o CC [M] /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver/iw_ndis.o CC [M] /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver/loader.o CC [M] /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver/ntoskernel.o CC [M] /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver/ndis.o CC [M] /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver/misc_funcs.o CC [M] /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver/proc.o CC [M] /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver/divdi3.o CC [M] /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver/hal.o CC [M] /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver/usb.o LD [M] /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver/ndiswrapper.o Building modules, stage 2. MODPOST CC /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver/ndiswrapper.mod.o LD [M] /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver/ndiswrapper.ko make[2]: Leaving directory/usr/src/linux-2.6.4-52'
    mkdir -p /lib/modules/2.6.4-52-default/misc
    install -m 0644 ndiswrapper.ko /lib/modules/2.6.4-52-default/misc
    /sbin/depmod -a
    make[1]: Leaving directory /root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/driver' make -C utils install make[1]: Entering directory/root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/utils'
    cc -Wall -g -DNDISWRAPPER_VERSION=\"0.10\" -c -o loadndisdriver.o loadndisdriver.c
    gcc -o loadndisdriver loadndisdriver.o
    install -m 755 loadndisdriver /sbin
    install -m 755 ndiswrapper /usr/sbin
    install -m 755 ndiswrapper-buginfo /usr/sbin
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/downloads/ndiswrapper-0.10/utils'

1. I type ndiswrapper -i istine.inf, and it appears to load the driver.

2. I type iwconfig, but no such file exsists... it was never compiled for some reason, or its a 3rd party program that the INSTALL file failed to mention being needed.

So thats what i got, and this is where i am. Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks,
    J.D. Klusman

• xNaN0x

xNaN0x - 2004-09-30

when you say "no such file exists" do mean the command iwconfig or some file that you didn't mention? if you mean the command then all you have to do is install the wireless tools for suse I believe it is this wireless-tools-27pre12-35.i586.rpm.

• J.D. Klusman

J.D. Klusman - 2004-09-30

ya was the wireless tools, they should add a list of programs needed to get this compiled and running. Now im stuck at another spot, when i load the module i get no errors but according to install file dmesg should report:

ndiswrapper: driver driver1 added -- not getting that, i installed my driver and when i do a ndiswrapper -l it shows driver and hardware present.

Also not showing this:

wlan0: ndiswrapper ethernet device xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Any ideas? reinstalling suse with wireless tools package this time round

• xNaN0x

xNaN0x - 2004-10-01

I guess I am confused by the way you have written your problem. First is the mention of dmesg, did you type dmesg or were you expecting to see a dmesg from ndiswrapper? to help clear things up for me. what does dmesg say about ndiswrapper, to get this type "dmesg"?

you will know if you have any sort of hardware connection by typing "iwconfig wlan0" also if you are near a wireless hub you could type "iwlist scan" to see if you can scan.

to clarify things tell me what exactly it is you are typing by encasing them in quotes, or by pasting the commands and the output in the reply. don't put in the compiled output though, or the entire dmesg listing just the part that pertains to the ndiswrapper.