Alcatel ST121G Dongle driver 64bit not work

Help
V.M.
2009-02-03
2012-10-06
  • V.M.

V.M. - 2009-02-03

Good afternoon,
    I installed ndiswrapper last version without problems.

I downloaded last driver for Alcatel ST121G Dongle (Wireless Adapter) for Windows XP 64 bit and Windows Vista 64 bit installed in respective OSs work fine. Only problem to connect access point is needed use Start->Settings->Administrative Tools->Computer management and in this windows open in Device the properties and here go in Status Tab and click on Enable Radio button.

But this isn't the problem.

I note that in Windows XP 64 bit work in WOW64 mode (compatibility mode 32-bit) in Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit work with other driver present in zip file for 64bit.

I have multi-boot desktop with Windows 2000 Server, XP 64bit, Vista Ultimate 64 bit and Linux Ubuntu 8.10 64 bit with last linux kernel and upgraded at today.

I tried to install this driver in ndiswrapper last version and all command work fine without errors.

At finally I must to see wlan0 but not exists. This implicate that this driver is not installed !:

Some log information tell me that this driver is recognize like 32bit on kernel 64 bit and not work with Vista 64 bit driver.

Somebody can help to know how to work this device on kernel 64 bit like XP 64 and Vista 64?

More details, (about logs of ndiswrapper and originally drivers zip file), you will find in follow submit bug on launchpad bugs link: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ndiswrapper/+bug/322748

Kind Regards
    Vincenzo

• V.M.

V.M. - 2009-02-03

Excuse me rewrite a sentence... :(

Somebody can help to know how to work this device on linux kernel 64 bit with XP 64 or Vista 64 driver?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks