Why is ncks breaking with this OPeNDAP URL?

2012-11-19
2013-10-17
  • Richard P Signell

Latest and Greatest:  Netcdf 4.2.1.1 / NCO 4.2.2
    $ /usr/local/nco-4.2.2/bin/ncks -O -d time,0 -v nv,zeta http://testbedapps-dev.sura.org/thredds/dodsC/auto/in.usf.fvcom.ike.ultralite.vardrag.nowave.2d nathan.nc
    syntax error, unexpected WORD_STRING, expecting WORD_WORD
    context: Error { code = 500; message = "Variable name (h) must be unique within Group "^;};
    nco_err_exit(): ERROR Short NCO-generated message (usually name of function that triggered error): nco_get_vara()
    nco_err_exit(): ERROR Error code is -73. Translation into English with nc_strerror(-73) is "NetCDF: Malformed or inaccessible DAP DATADDS"
    nco_err_exit(): ERROR NCO will now exit with system call exit(EXIT_FAILURE)

• Charlie Zender

Charlie Zender - 2012-11-20

Latest NCO is 4.2.3 but it doesn't make a difference. I get the same error as you. The DAP error message seems to be saying that DAP finds two objects both named "h" in the same group in the input file. Never seen that one before. Head scratcher. Suggest you obtain the file by other means and do forensics.
    cz

• Richard P Signell

Charlie,
    DOH!   I never thought to check NCDUMP.   Sorry for barking up the wrong tree.   I'll bark up Unidata's tree now.    There are several other dogs barking also, but I'll give it 110%.  ;-)

-Rich

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks