Documentation

2009-11-24
2013-04-30
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi, first of i would like to point out what an amazing job you have done. I was wondering if there any documentation, even if it's not complete, about the implementation? Even ig its just a description of the most important classes in the project and how they relate to each other. Im trying to get my bearings on the code but i could use some help to get me started. Either that or some smaller and simple code samples. That would get me started also.

Thanks in advance

• Balazs Tihanyi

Balazs Tihanyi - 2009-11-24

Sorry, no documentation. But I'll write a few lines for you about the main architecture.

In the Core layer, there is a class called Project. It contains a set of IProjectItem, which is an interface implemented solely by the Model class. The Model contains and handles all the entities and relationships in your model.

Furthermore, there is a layer called DiagramEditor, in which the most important class is the Diagram. It's a "visualized" extension of the model, and is responsible for handling all the graphical data (like sizes, positions, etc) and logic. The Diagram implements the IDocument interface, so the GUI can attach to it a canvas control that is able to visualize any kind of documents. The IDocument elements are stored in the DiagramManager class, but only if you have opened those.

I hope you now know where to start. If you have any question, feel free to ask.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi, really it is a great work
    i want help to understand how the relations drawn between classes , the deeper i go into the code , the more i became confused
    any help?