Menu

Bus Error - OS X 10.3.9

Help
2006-01-14
2012-09-29
  • John Benjamin

John Benjamin - 2006-01-14

I started this thread in Open Discussion by mistake and have cross-posted here because Help seems much more appropriate. Sorry for the double post.

My problem:
    I receive a "Bus Error" trying to start ncidd. With debug & verbose flags this is the output I get:
    ======================================
    Configured to send 'cidlog' to clients.
    Configured to send 'cidinfo' to clients.
    Processed config file: /usr/local/etc/ncid/ncidd.conf Processed alias file: /usr/local/etc/ncid/ncidd.alias CID logfile: /var/log/cidcall.log Data logfile: /var/log/ciddata.log TTY port opened: /dev/cu.modem TTY port speed: 19200 TTY lock file: /var/lock/LCK..cu.modem TTY port control signals enabled AT Z S0=0 E1 V1 Q0 OK Modem initialized.
    AT+VCID=1
    OK
    Modem set for CallerID.
    Bus error
    ============================
    My apologies if I missed a previous answer to this - Googled with no success.

System Profiler shows a "Microdash" modem with Apple firmware 2.6.3 V.92 Internal USB Hardware Ver 1.0F.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    John

• John L. Chmielewski

I see a patch has already been posted in the Open Discussion by Roger. I had not seen this problem before.

You should be able to apply the patch and recompile. with "make mac", "make install-mac" will install everything for you, but you could just copy the ncidd binary instead.