Menu

ncidsip and aliases

Help
2006-07-22
2012-09-29
  • Brent Gerig

Brent Gerig - 2006-07-22

Does ncidd still apply aliases when it receives cid information from ncidsip? I'm running with this configuration, and as far as I can tell it completely ignores the ncidd.alias file. I've checked the file with cidalias, and it returns the aliases I've set up. But when I run cidupdate, the call log is left unchanged, and incoming calls that should have an alias applied are unchanged as well. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    -Brent

• Brent Gerig

Brent Gerig - 2006-08-11

Ah, after a bit of fighting with it, it's working now. Pretty sure it was adding the '1' to the beginning of the number. Thanks, John.

• John L. Chmielewski

Yes, ncidd applies aliases to any CID input it receives. Sometimes there is confusion on the number received. Maybe you did not include the '1' when you aliased the number.

Look at the number is cidcall.log. Use 'cidcall -r' to see the logfile in raw mode. The number in it must match the number for your alias in ncidd.alias. Use 'cidalias -r' to view the alias file in raw mode.

The '1' is normally stripped out by the client so it is not displayed, but ncidd recordes the number as it received it, and your aliases should include it.