Menu

Mac OS X 10.3.9 and Microdash modems

Help
2006-01-18
2012-09-29
  • John Benjamin

John Benjamin - 2006-01-18

Hi All,

Has anyone had success running NCIDD on OS X with a MicroDash internal modem?

Behavior i'm seeing is that while everything looks good with program start and i see "modem set for Caller ID", the log file shows rings but there is no CID info being displayed.

I've tried the various recommend init strings in ncidd.conf but the default is the only one that actually executes without error. Does anyone have another init string to try?

OS X v 10.3.9, Microdash modem, Apple firmware v2.6.3, Hardware version 1.0F, country B5,SKUname UJC

Thanks to a patch from Roger and a compile from JLC, I was able to get the program started.

Thanks, John benjamin

• Steven Major

Steven Major - 2006-11-22

Pretty much forget about using any Microdash modem in a Mac produced before 2004, they don't support Caller ID. Anything produced after 2004, generally around the time of the iMac G5, will support caller ID. Unfortunately, Apple uses the same driver for most of the Microdash modems so it's hard to tell what you have without trying it.

If you're using Vonage or another VOIP Provider, give the NCIDSIP guide a try. I gave up on my Microdash modem in my 2003 Power Mac G5 and am happily getting CID info with the SIP method.