JMB
2020-07-18
2020-07-20
  • JMB

JMB - 2020-07-18

Hello,

Topic should be "Rule for an ALIAS entry"

Is it possible to alter a log entry display that looks like this:
    NOT: 07/16/2020 11:02 SM-T580-6a3d NO-NUMBER NO NAME IN Battery Fully Charged
    to:
    NOT: 07/16/2020 11:02 SM-T580-6a3d NO-NUMBER Samsung_Tablet IN Battery Fully Charged

In other words replace the 'NO NAME' with 'Samsung_Tablet' when the value for 'LINE' = 'SM-T580-6a3d'. How can one construct the rule in the alias file, if it is possible?

Thanks!

Last edit: JMB 2020-07-18
  • Ed Attfield

Ed Attfield - 2020-07-19

I have an unreleased version of NCIDandroid that does this

NOT: Battery Fully Charged ***DATE*07082020*TIME*1416*NAME*-*NMBR*Nexus 4-b10f*LINE*Nexus 4-b10f*MTYPE*IN*

I've been procrastinating ...

• JMB

JMB - 2020-07-19

Hello Ed,

Thanks for the quick reply! I would still recommend keeping the same format as I have suggested. It would make mass analysis of the log files much easier if one wants to import this as a CSV file (with the 'Battery Fully Charged' or any variable length field being the rightmost and last.

The generally fixed field layout of the NCID-Clent window is ideal for downstream analysis. I was thinking of using Python (say Pandas dataframe) for example, because I am familiar with it. May I am just biased into thinking neat columnar layouts!

Let me your thoughts.

BTW: Thanks for this wonderful program. I just love it! :) I am running it on a RPi3 and the client(s) on Ubuntu, and Android.

Last edit: JMB 2020-07-19
  • Ed Attfield

Ed Attfield - 2020-07-20

As a stray bit of bad news, the battery messages don't seem to work on newer Android devices.
    The low battery message because Android decided it was bad to wake all the apps to tell them the battery was running out. I haven't spent a lot of time looking for them, but the state-of-charge events appear to have stopped coming as well.

• Ed Attfield

Ed Attfield - 2020-07-20

I can put the device name into both the name and number fields for 0.2.0.3