Raspberry Pi Client

Help
cerebro
2013-07-14
2013-08-05
  • cerebro

cerebro - 2013-07-14

Hi,

I have a small touch screen attached to my Pi running both NCID Client and Server, all works ok but I wondered if there is any way to make the client just show the current/last caller ID or a better way to show the information on such a small screen?

I have tried to make the default client fit but there is too much information on there to be clearly visable, any help/points would be appreciated.

The screen I have is the one on this link, http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=48956 , if thats any help?

Thanks

• John L. Chmielewski

I have been experimenting with displaying the output on a 3.5 inch monitor running x-windows on the Pi. It seems big enough to be useful. It also works with using a TV as a display. The main problem with it is the terminal goes to sleep so you will need to defeat that.

Attached is a crude HOWTO-LCD-display-on-monitor. Consider it a work in progress. Feel to fix any errors and improve the wording.

• cerebro

cerebro - 2013-07-21

Hi John,

Finally got some spare time to try this. I have used your script but with the screen I have it did not work, I have also tried to re-size the client but it will not go small enough to fit in the screen.
    I will have a play with the other output modules and see what i can come up with.

Many thanks for your help.

• cerebro

cerebro - 2013-07-21

Hi John,

I have looked in the conf file but cannot see a way to make the NCID-Alert any bigger, could you let me know if this is possible as this may solve my screen issue?

Thanks

• John L. Chmielewski

If your LCD display is supported by x-windows, I would expect the LCDncid client to be able to display on your terminal by treating it as a LCD.

If you use x-windows for the display, then check over the HOWTO and try again. My HOWTO expects the following:

- NCID installed and running
    - LCDncid installed and running
    - LCDproc installed
    - the LCDd-4bit-rpi.conf file fixed and copied to /etc/LCDd.conf
    - a $HOME/.xinitrc file created with this line: LCDd -d xosd

Give it a minute to display the startup lines.

The display is handled by LCDncid. The changes to the LCDd.conf file file the display with the client and can be changed to make it bigger or smaller.

If you get no outout following the HOWTO: pgrep -fl LCD
    and make sure LCDd and LCDncid are running.

I do not know of any way to make the alert larger.

• cerebro

cerebro - 2013-07-27

Hi John,

I have it working now, apologies I didnt hot have the .xinitrc file in the home folder. I am going to test the unit running for 24 Hours and see if the terminal goes to sleep.
    I will update with my findings.

Many thanks for your help.

• cerebro

cerebro - 2013-07-28

Hi John,

The only issue I have had is the caller ID doesnt work after a certain time, it registers the call but with no caller id, if i reboot it works fine.
    Can you let me know if this is what you mean by the terminal going to sleep?

I am trying to see if a cron job reboot at 6 am will help.

Thanks

• cerebro

cerebro - 2013-08-05

Hi John,

Please to report all is working fine now, the reboot seems to be doing the trick and everything know is now coming up with the correct name.

Many thanks for your help on this.

• John L. Chmielewski

Glad you were able to get it working.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks