Menu

ncidd cygwin problem ?

Help
yan
2006-11-01
2012-09-29
  • yan

yan - 2006-11-01

i follow this installtion http://ncid.sourceforge.net/ncid/INSTALL-Cygwin.txt,
    NCIDpop is connected to cygwin ncidd server.but that is it.. when i call no thing show up?.
    i not use modem so i disable in ncidd config file, i put my vonage adapter with my server(running cygwin ncidd) in one hub. i just want it to monitor SIP packets. also any future release of ncidd server that will running on window without cygwin? one setup.exe file..

thanks

jyan@serv ~
    $ ncidd -Dv5
    Started: 11/01/2006 10:46
    Server: ncidd 0.66
    ncidd logfile: /var/log/ncidd.log
    Processed config file: /usr/local/etc/ncid/ncidd.conf
    Configured to send 'cidlog' to clients.
    Configured to send 'cidinfo' to clients.
    Processed alias file: /usr/local/etc/ncid/ncidd.alias
    Verbose level: 5
    CID logfile: /var/log/cidcall.log
    Data logfile: /var/log/ciddata.log
    CallerID from CID client(s) only
    polld[0].revents: 0x1, fd: 4
    Client connected, sd: 5, Sent call log: /var/log/cidcall.log

• John L. Chmielewski

You should get the current version of Net::Pcap from here: http://search.cpan.org/~saper/Net-Pcap-0.14/ The Net::Pcap module also requires the IO::Interface module so you need that one as well.

The easiest way to install the modules for use is to use the "cpan" command in the cygwin window. When you run it the first time it will ask questions and set defaults. You can let it use the defaults, but you will need to select the mirror locations to use from a list it gives you. When it finishes and gives you a cpan[1]> prompt. Type "install IO::Interface" and then "install Net::Perl". Net::Perl will probably fail when it looks for WinPcap. If you installed it at "C:\", the error message gives the command line to type for Net::Pcap to find WinPcap.

• John L. Chmielewski

Ir order for NCID to function, you need ncidsip running to monitor SIP packets and to send the information collected to the server. NCIDsip is a client itself so your debug output should have shown two clients connecting.

NCIDsip is a perl module so you need Perl loaded, the Net::Pcap module, and the WinPcap library. WinPcap works with cygwin and with the windows development system. The Net::Pcap file, as distributed does not compile under cygwin. It is suppose to work with active Perl so it could be run in that environment.

If someone provides the missing pieces for ncidsip in cygwin or with Active Perl please contribute the solution to the project.

• yan

yan - 2006-11-09

chmielewski could you please give me more info about how to install Net::Pcap module..
      i download net::pcap module from http://www.fastcoder.net/~thumper/software/network/Net-Pcap/
      i try to copy Pcap.pm to every folder, but it didn't work..

here is my output..

$ ncidsip
      Can't locate loadable object for module Net::Pcap in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/l
      ib/perl5/5.8/cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/cygwin /usr/
      lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/site_
      perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8/cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8 /u
      sr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8/cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8 .) at /usr/lo
      cal/bin/ncidsip line 6
      Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/ncidsip line 6.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/ncidsip line 6.