This procedure is for the PIXEL version of noobs raspberry software. If you are using a version prior to PIXEL release. There is not telling what will happen. In all likelyhood it's going to be FOOBAR!

If you are using berryboot with NCID, there is a problem with the new kernel update. 04/29/17 is when I encountered the problem. Not sure of date for the new kernel release. Had to be 04/24/17 to 04/29/17. I have confirmed you will destroy the boot image on the transflash card. I did this to my PI 2 and PI 3.

Here is the hint!! It can be fixed easly. Goto https://sourceforge.net/projects/berryboot/?source=typ_redirect and retrieve the proper image for your PI. There are two, not hard to figure out. As of my writting it's 20170308 release. Reformat the transflash card. Before you do that, copy off other stuff you put on it. I do not understand why you would put other stuff there when the whole idea to berryboot is that big fat hard drive.

Next unzip all the files onto the reformatted transflash card. Re-install the transflash and power up.

-->> The important stuff aka, don't stray from the scipt. <<--
-->> don't blame me if you foobar it. <<--

Booting up the image will act the same as a new install. Situation normal don't panic.

If you were overscanning your monitor or resizing it because it did not fit. Pick Overscan, otherwise leave it alone.
Default is off. If you screwed up or forgot. Go to PI config page later and change it right. I needed overscan because I was using an old LCD TV. Yes you can use an old LCD TV, as long as it has HDMI. In my case too, I forgot and had to change it later.

Pick all other options. Simple no gotchas.
Remember to set the local and keyboard correctly.

Proceed to the next page. This is the destination selection page. It's where the files and important stuff is.
If you have multiple hard drives on the PI. PICK THE RIGHT ONE!

Rats, I am doing this from memory and had a brain fart. In reference credit given to: G. Carlin

The important part is "Keep exsisting files" must be checked and enabled. The fart on my part is. I forgot if it's on destination page or the next page. I am almost sure it's on this page. By keeping exsisting files your image will boot properly. You will have to reboot, then things are back to normal.