Menu

Blacklist questions

2015-01-23
2015-01-25
  • baradanikto

baradanikto - 2015-01-23

I've got a couple of questions regarding the blacklist. I reviewed the start up log file that tells me how many entries were processed from my blacklist and it states it processed 19. However, when I edit the blacklist file, I only see 12. Why the discrepancy?

Second question - I'm not sure of the format of the blacklist file. I'm trying to block a call from 'Clean Planet Pr' so I entered the following text on a line by itself. I don't know if that's correct. Here's how I entered the line (no quotes or other marks)...

CLEAN PLANET PR

• John L. Chmielewski

The blacklist file can have multiple entries per line. Your CLEAN PLANET PR line is three entries. Use quotes to make it one entry: "CLEAN PLANET PR".

You can view your in-memory blacklist table by running a second instance of ncidd in debug mode at verbose 8 with no serial device and no hangup:

ncidd -Dv8 -N1 -H0

It will terminate because the Ethernet port is already in use by the first instance of ncidd. The -N1 and -H0 options make sure it does not try to initialize your modem.

The beginning of ncidd.blacklist has comments that explain the format. The NOTE section explains the expressions you can use, and the EXAMPLES section gives examples.

You can also review the ncidd.blacklist man page.

• baradanikto

baradanikto - 2015-01-25

Thanks John...I suspected the quotes were necessary. For some reason, it just wasn't obvious to me. Maybe a comment in the actual blacklist file that says you must wrap multi-word names in quotes would help. And, that spaces are a delimiter in the file.