(start code) trouble

Support
Anonymous
2006-07-14
2012-09-26
  • Anonymous - 2006-07-14

Hello, I'm using C++ and wanted to start including code in some of the output. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it working in my files. Even the example from the page itself results in nothing. Other documentation from that particular page works fine, but the code part never seems to come through. Am I missing something here? It seems to work in a very simple text file I tried but it doesn't want to work in my source code files. Here's an example snippet from one of them

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //
    // $LastChangedBy: DrEvil $
    // $LastChangedDate: 2006-04-30 17:19:23 -0400 (Sun, 30 Apr 2006) $
    // $LastChangedRevision: 1200 $
    //
    // Title: TF Config
    //
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ifndef TF_EVENTS_H

define TF_EVENTS_H

include "Omni-Bot_Types.h"

include "Omni-Bot_Events.h"

// constants: Game constants
    // RADAR_CELL_REQUIREMENT - Number of cells required to use the radar.
    // BUILD_SENTRY_REQUIREMENT - Number of cells required to build a sentry gun.
    // BUILD_DISPENSER_REQUIREMENT - Number of cells required to build a dispenser.

(start code)

define RADAR_CELL_REQUIREMENT 5

define BUILD_SENTRY_REQUIREMENT 130

define BUILD_DISPENSER_REQUIREMENT 100

(end)

endif

Perhaps something in my other commenting style if screwing it up, but this is the first area I've come across that is having problems. Any ideas?

• Greg Valure

Greg Valure - 2006-07-14

I think the example on my site is not clear. It has to be part of the comment, as it's used to allow people to post example code in their comments without killing the formatting, not to bring live code into the documentation.

• Anonymous - 2006-07-15

Is there a way I can get it to pull code that isn't from a comment? Sometimes one may want the live code to be put in the docs, like constants, enumerations, etc... It seems rather limiting that it be required to be commented code, forcing the user to copy and paste the same thing again only commented out. Especially with the presence of a start and end tag it doesnt make sense to me that it not support live code as well ?

• Greg Valure

Greg Valure - 2006-07-15

Not currently. I filed a feature request so this should make it in at some point.

• Anonymous - 2006-07-16

thank you

• Donavon

Donavon - 2012-09-26

Are there any updates on the addition of this feature?

thanks,
    ~Donavon

• Greg Valure

Greg Valure - 2012-09-27

I don't have plans to add it at the moment. I'm not dead set against it but it's not a priority.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks