Menu

Lost the properties tab, and no clue on how to recover it.

Help
ofuzzy1
2014-03-10
2014-03-10
  • ofuzzy1

ofuzzy1 - 2014-03-10

Nice program, just getting started.
    A bit quirky on the user interface.
    Using NaroCAD183Beta
    Updated dotnetfx35setup

I can't figure out how to get the properties "tab" back after I accidentally click the "x".

When editing a feature in the properties- tab, I sometimes have to click the root of the item for it to "take". Works fine when using the properties popup.

The properties popup does not allow you to change all the features.
    -- I'd like to rotate / move by simple commands.

I have one file that when I delete items from the "tree" tab, the program will crash.

Is there a list of the command line features?

Thank you for your efforts!

• roxf

roxf - 2014-03-10

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
      We will add the possibility to show/hide the tabs in the options menu. For now, to re-display the Property tab: Go to the AppData folder in Windows (%appData% in an Explorer window) -> NaroCAD and delete options.nxml and restart NaroCAD. A new options file will be automatically generated and the Property tab will be visible.

When editing a feature in the properties- tab, I sometimes have to click the root of the item for it to "take". Works fine when using the properties popup.
      Can you please tell me for which tools?

I am working on improving the property tab handling for the 2D shapes and the transformation logic. (You can check narocad.com for updates on the issues I am working on between releases.)

Can you please attach the file that causes the crash?

There isn't a list of all the available commands, but there is a set of samples in the NaroCAD install folder, in \Boo\Scripts. There is at least one sample for each main tool/operation.
      I am working on adding tutorials on the website and will add one for the Boo commands soon.

• ofuzzy1

ofuzzy1 - 2014-03-10

Roxana Thank you for the rapid reply!

Deleted this file and It worked. C:\Users[Username]\Documents\NaroCAD\NaroLayout.xml

The crasher is: "Motor Canister- Seated- 50mm-with seal + top lid.naroxml"
    Delete: the daughter of Extrude> Shaft Seal Top

Thank you
    Ofuzzy1

Last edit: ofuzzy1 2014-03-10