Help
Mathieu
2009-02-13
2013-06-12
  • Mathieu

Mathieu - 2009-02-13

Hello,

I would like to use the wrapper generator. The help file says :
    "3. The wrapper files are generated by launching the SchemeExt.bat. This file launches the SchemeExt.exe passing
    as arguments the paths to the output directory and also the path to the OpenCascade .cdl files."

I can't find SchemeExt.bat & SchemeExt.exe on my computer, so how can I do ?

Thank you very much for your help, NaroCAD is a huge work ! :-)

Regards,

Mathieu

• bxtrx

bxtrx - 2009-02-13

Hi Mathieu,

The code generation is quite difficult for the moment, I hope you succeed to make it.

The exe file should be in:
      trunk/wrappers/WrapperGenerator/OCWrappersExt/bin/

If the bat doesn't work you can open the OCWrappersExt.sln, build the project and put at Command Arguments" -cppext -cppdir out -cdldir path_to_open_cascade Standard MMgt TCollection ...

In the cdl file of the package you have the "uses" field where the package dependencies are written. All these dependencies (and their dependencies) have to be passed as arguments to the exe. In the bat file there are written many packages with their dependencies. You add the package that you want to generate at the end of those.

If you receive errors during generation it can be caused by some missing dependencies or by some missing packages. There are some incomplete packages at OCC.

After code generation you have also to add the files into the sln project, solve the compiling errors and rebuild the dll. This will be also some work to do and it is also hardware intensive.

I hope in the near future to find some time to improve this project and break it into smaller pieces.

If you need help I would be more than glad to help you.

Best regards,
      Mihai

• Mathieu

Mathieu - 2009-02-13

Thank you very much for your answer ! :-)

I've tried to bluid OCWrappersExt.sln -> that's OK
        If I execute it, it doesn't work. I heve this error :
        "Unhandled exception at 0x7c350236 in OCWrappersExt.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000c."

OCWrappersExt.exe!CDLFront(const char * const packagename=0x00f9017c, const char * const cdldir=0x00f93500)  Line 213 + 0x1d bytes    C++
        OCWrappersExt.exe!main(int argv=189, char * * argc=0x01383df0)  Line 293 + 0x49 bytes    C++
        OCWrappersExt.exe!__tmainCRTStartup()  Line 266 + 0x19 bytes    C
        OCWrappersExt.exe!mainCRTStartup()  Line 182    C

So I launched "OCWrappersExt_orig.bat" and it tell me that MeshShape_ListOfMeshVertex.cdl cannot be found. And that's right.

I don't know if I'll be able to personnalize (complete and remove) packages to the wrappers. :-(

• bxtrx

bxtrx - 2009-02-16

Hi Mathieu,

I will try today or tomorrow to make a step by step tutorial on how to generate code on a clean system with a fresh OpenCascade 6.3.0 install to see what are the problems that appear. That tutorial would be probably useful also to other developers and will also update the code generation process for 6.3.0.

Best regards,
      Mihai

• Mathieu

Mathieu - 2009-02-16

Hi !

OUHAA, that's great ! Thank you very much !

If I can help you, just tell me ! :-)

^^

Best regards

Mathieu

• Mathieu

Mathieu - 2009-02-27

Hi,

Good news ! :-)
        Thank you !

Did you get time to work on this topic ?
        Can I help you ?

Regards

Mathieu