Menu

HP LaserJet 3055 scanner over NETWORK (works under Linux but not under Windows)

2024-03-14
2024-04-08
  • czezz czezz

czezz czezz - 2024-03-14

Hi everyone,
    Im using NAPS2 under Ubuntu 20.04 with HP LaserJet 3055 scanner and it works no problem over NETWORK.
    Drivers - HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.20.3)

Problem:
    I have been trying to use NAPS2 under Windows 10 with the same scanner and it does work fine while connected via USB cable.
    BUT it cannot find scanner over network.
    I have installed latest drivers for HP LaserJet 3055 (at least this is what Windows says).
    Also, under Windows in Control Panel, I can see scanner ONLY when it is connected via USB.

As it does work under Linux (network scanning), there must be a way to make it work under Windows too.
    I believe the problem here is not NAPS2 but windows HP LaserJet 3055 drivers.

Question:
    Did anyone here sorted out how to make HP LaserJet 3055 scanner to work over NETWORK under Windows?

Last edit: czezz czezz 2024-03-14
  • Ben Olden-Cooligan

Have you tried with both WIA and TWAIN drivers?

• czezz czezz

czezz czezz - 2024-03-18

Yes, of course.
    There is also 3rd option which name i cannot recall now.
    None works (under Windows only).

• Ben Olden-Cooligan

You might need to set up the network connection from the HP software before it can be used with WIA or TWAIN. I'm not sure how it exactly works for HP or which software download you need but a lot of older network scanners need that first step of establishing a connection on Windows.

• czezz czezz

czezz czezz - 2024-04-06

Hi,
    I have installed the latest available printer drivers: upd-pcl6-x64-7.1.0.25570.exe
    That did not help.

I tried to do what you Ben Olden-Cooligan suggested and for that i was trying to install hp_LJ3050-3052-3055-3390-3392_Full_Solution_EE.exe. However, the version I have is dedicated for Windows 7 (whereas this PC is Windows 10).
    Installation failed and HP does not provide such software anymore on their web page.

For the record (see attachment) - this is how it looks in NAPS2 when it tries to find scanner over network (USB does work).

If the scanner does work under Linux (out-of-the-box, without any special setup) then there must be the way to make it works under Windows (10).

Last edit: czezz czezz 2024-04-06
  • Ben Olden-Cooligan

You can try running the Windows 7 software with compatibility mode.