Menu

After updating to 7.2.0: appsettings.xml seems ignored

DO 10
2023-12-14
2024-03-11
  • DO 10

DO 10 - 2023-12-14

Hi everyone :-)

After today's update to 7.2.0.0: "C:\Program Files\NAPS2\appsettings.xml" seems to be ignored.

I haven't tried everything in detail, I'm very sick right now. The following no longer worked for me today:
    Windows 11 + NAPS2 7.2.0.0
    <startupmessagetitle>TEST</startupmessagetitle>
    <startupmessagetext>TEST!</startupmessagetext>
    <hidedonatebutton>true</hidedonatebutton>
    DeleteAfterSaving>true
    <rotateleft>Ctrl+L</rotateleft>
    <rotateright>Ctrl+R</rotateright>
    <clear>Ctrl+Shift+Del</clear>

Any Ideas?

The warmest greetings!

• Ben Olden-Cooligan

Can you attach your full appsettings.xml as a file?

• DO 10

DO 10 - 2023-12-17

Hi there,
    then let's have a try to attach the .xml file :-)

("C:\Program Files\NAPS2\appsettings.xml")

The shortcuts, DeleteAfterSaving and OcrDefaultLanguage were the most important changes for me so far. I scan a lot of A4 landscape formats into a document scanner using an ADF and have to rotate them all once because there is no option in the profiles to automatically apply this in a specific profile for all proof documents, for example.

Last edit: DO 10 2023-12-17
  • Ben Olden-Cooligan

Looks like the issue is <OcrDefaultMode>best</OcrDefaultMode>, it's case sensitive and should be Best.

• DO 10

DO 10 - 2023-12-17

Wow, thanks for super fast answer, you're right. Syntax error in one option hinders the other functions. Thanks so much!

• DO 10

DO 10 - 2024-03-11

Have I noticed that the appsettings.xml is overwritten during an update and the adjustments are therefore gone with every update? What am I doing wrong?

• Ben Olden-Cooligan

Yeah, it does currently do that. The appsettings.xml file is primarly designed for organizations to deploy with Group Policy, where the file would be re-deployed alongside the new version.

I'm working on adding many of these settings to the main NAPS2 UI so they'll be persisted, e.g. DeleteAfterSaving is now available in the Settings window. Keyboard shortcuts are still on the todo list. If it's for your own use you shouldn't need to set OcrDefaultLanguage as you can just pick it from the OCR window.