Menu

"The selected scanner is busy." when using ADF

Jack Pan
2016-07-05
2018-03-27
  • Jack Pan

Jack Pan - 2016-07-05

Hi, thanks for this excellent software. It's by far the best scan-to-pdf tool I have used. My only issue is that if I use ADF, it only scans the first page then report "The selected scanner is busy.". It's a Brother MFC J425W on Windows 10. I'm using the latest NAPS2. Thanks!

• Ben Olden-Cooligan

Please make sure you have the latest drivers from your scanner manufacturer's website installed. You can also try using TWAIN instead of WIA.

• James Robertson

James Robertson - 2017-01-21

I know this is a few months old, but I am also having this same issue. I have the latest driver installed and am running v5.3.3. What I am noticing is NAPS2 wants to scan the next page before the printer is ready. I'm thinking that there is a need for a pause or something between pages. Is there a setting available somewhere to do that?

Thanks

• Jon Newcomb

Jon Newcomb - 2017-02-26

Issue also with the ADF for the EPSON ET-4550 range. Tried latest drivers and TWAIN. Out of ideas now. If anyone else manages to get past this error message, please post here, Thanks.

• Steve Oliver

Steve Oliver - 2017-03-19

I'm having the same problem with an HP 5742 on the latest drivers... very annoying - essentially I can't use the feeder as a result.

• The Merg

The Merg - 2017-03-26

I'm also seeing this issue with a Brother MFC-9330CDW. If I use the ADF to scan more than one page, the scanner will pull the second page through, but it will sit in the software at "Scanning Page 2" and then state that the scanner is busy. Interesting enough, if I only scan 1 page with the ADF, it will still pop up with the dialog that it is scanning page 2. I need to cancel that in order to get back to the app.

I'll file a bug report on this as well.

Thanks.

• Merg

• The Merg

The Merg - 2017-04-16

I'm actually now seeing that it seems to hiccup on more than two pages as well. After the first page is scanned, there is a pause while it processes and then it begins to scan page 2 and I get the scanner is busy dialog, but then it continues to pull in page after page on the ADF as if it is scanning them. As of right now, it appears that the ADF is useless when scanning more than one page. :(

• Merg

• The Merg

The Merg - 2017-04-16

Okay, I found a slight workaround...

If you let it just scan one page and then wait for it to finish, you can then feed the additional pages through one at a time. You just wait until the previous page is completely through and scanned and then you feed the next one.

• Merg

• Ben Olden-Cooligan

I've added a couple new compatibility options under "Advanced" in your profile settings that might help. In particular you could try "Delay between scans (WIA)".

• The Merg

The Merg - 2018-03-27

Sorry, but I never noticed that you responded.

I tried the "Delay betweeen scans" option and no dice. There is definitely a pause between the first and second page being pulled in, but then it just starts pulling all the remaining pages through one right after another.

Please, please, help us get this fixed. :)

Thanks,
    Merg