jll - 2017-09-16

Hi, thanks for NAPS -- I only just recently found it and I love the various features that make for much faster work, saving of certain profiles and just simple no-nonsense scan capabilities for repetitious tasks I find myself doing.

I do have one minor issue and was wondering if anyone has guidance on this or if there's a way NAPS could be modified to support this:

I've noticed that when I use the native software for the Epson GT-1500 I have:

https://www.amazon.com/Epson-WorkForce-Sheet-Fed-Discontinued-manfacturer/dp/B001B90Q94

especially when just doing a simple B&W preview so I can select just the part I want to scan, NAPS will take a good 15+ seconds or so to scan the whole platen but the Epson software will do it in easily under 5s, and you can hear the motor moving the scan element is moving much faster.

I think it may be partly because of the "Speed priority" option that's available in the Epson software itself. I was wondering if anyone was aware of any types of feature that can hurry along some scanners, and possibly be able to add those as options in NAPS so we can get some scanning tasks done faster, especially when using 300 dpi B&W tasks that should be able to scan very quickly compared to a full color higher resolution scan.

Thanks for any insight anyone can offer.