Menu

Output format of PDF created from images

2024-09-05
2024-09-06
  • Chris Breemer

Chris Breemer - 2024-09-05

Hi all,
    My first post here. I dearly love NAPS2 for combining all functions to juggle pdf and images files in one clean and easy to use interface. Great work, and I have already donated accordingly. I'm glad to find a lively discussion forum on this subject.

There's currently one little thing bugging me. I create a pdf from a bunch of JPG files that ALL have the SAME width of 1200 pixels. Then when I view the pdf in Chrome, some pages are rendered smaller than others. See attached image naps2.jpg. When I use these same images to create a pdf at PDF24 Tools (https://tools.pdf24.org/en/create-pdf) and view it in Chrome, all pages are equal width as expected, see attached image pdf24.jpg. Seems to me something is awry in the naps2 situation ? It's not a big deal as I use these pdf's in forScore which luckily has no problem with it. I'd just like to understand. My version is 7.5.1.0.

Thanks for any ideas. Cheers, Chris

Last edit: Chris Breemer 2024-09-05
  • Ben Olden-Cooligan

It's based on the resolution of the JPEG images, which you should be able to change in most image editors. e.g. the bigger ones might be 72dpi (dots per inch) and the smaller ones might be 144dpi.

• Chris Breemer

Chris Breemer - 2024-09-06

Thanks for your reply Ben, that's exactly it. I feel silly for never having considered the resolution. Problem solved !
    Many thanks for this program. I can honestly say NAPS2 is one of the most versatile and easy to use programs I have ever downloaded.