Menu

Scan multiple pages from feeder (TWAIN)

2015-06-26
2015-12-23
  • Ben Olden-Cooligan

In response to: https://sourceforge.net/p/naps2/discussion/general/thread/24d4020d/#d78f

Hi John,

There's not much I can do for WIA, but this issue shouldn't be occurring with TWAIN. If you have this problem with the TWAIN driver selected and the Paper Source set to Feeder, please reproduce the issue with this test version and upload the errorlog.txt file here. (You can find that file in the same folder as the EXE after running it.)

Link

• Michael

Michael - 2015-10-20

Hello,

I was looking for an easy to use scanning tool and I found this one! Great job!

But unfortuneatlay I´m not able to scan duplex with the feeder. I´m using a Epson WF-3450 with WIA and ADF.
    If I´m choosing Duplex and ADF is active it starting to scan from glas.
    Anything what I can do?

Duplex was working with the Epson software, but I don´t like the suite.

My system is WIN10! and running 4.2.3.32263 No errorlog found under %APPDATA%\NAPS2\errorlog.txt.
    Any idea?

• Ben Olden-Cooligan

To clarify, it works when you select Feeder but doesn't work when you select Duplex? Also, have you tried TWAIN instead of WIA?

• Michael

Michael - 2015-12-07

After the driver update from WIN10 (November Release) its working like charme with the TWAIN mode.
    Thx for helping out.

• Derek Davis

Derek Davis - 2015-12-13

Was using 2.6.3, TWAIN, HP c309a, both glass and feeder, Win7. Both profiles worked fine.

After Win 10 upgrade, scanner was lost. Upgraded to 4.2.3.32263. Deleted old profiles, added new ones, including:

a) TWAIN glass
    b) TWAIN feeder
    c) WIA feeder

Now feeder scans first page only, pulls through the rest of the sheets without scanning. Happens on both TWAIN and WIA profiles.

Any suggestions?

Awesome s/w otherwise. So much better than the HP bulkware.

• Ben Olden-Cooligan

You could try downloading the 2.6.3 standalone version and see if that still works with Windows 10. If the older version of NAPS2 works and the newer one doesn't, it might be something I can fix. Otherwise probably not unfortunately.

• Derek Davis

Derek Davis - 2015-12-23

As suggested, I downloaded the 2.6.3 standalone. Attempting to create a TWAIN profile crashed the program. Created a WIA/feeder profile, but this exibited the same behavior as 4.2.3 above (1st page scans, others just feed through).

Do I understand correctly that you do not plan to modify to support Win 10? (which is fine, just asking)

• Ben Olden-Cooligan

Based on what you said, it seems like the issue is with the driver's support for Windows 10, not NAPS2. You could try looking on your manufacturer's website and see if they have any driver updates, but unfortunately I don't think there's anything else I can do.