Related issue: 1153724.
- The resgen task already batches multiple resgen.exe
calls when the command line is too long (around 30000),
however the assembly references are not taken into
account to determine this length. When the command
line without assembly references is just less than the
limit, this may cause problems anyway.
- Discovered by using solution task to build a VS2003
web project on .NET 2.0.
- Can be reproduced using just the resgen task.
- Sample build files, must be unzipped to directory
or a directory name with the same length to reproduce the
The build file resgenNoAssemblyRefWORKS.build and
resgenWithAssemblyRefBROKEN.build do the same, except
for assembly references.
- Note that both the contenst of the assemblies and
resx files do not matter here.
Log in to post a comment.